Friday, July 8, 2011

Blockless

I have just recently killed off 2 years worth of writer's block.

Two years? Yea, I know. I must not actually be a writer then. Which I'm not. I'm just some schmuck with the occasional knack for words.

The two years is directly related to an outside influence on my life. This influence was removed in March. With it gone, my sense of creativity has slowly been returning. I have no outlet for this creativity anymore, so I've started this blog. I've joined the ranks of wanna-be journalists and soccer moms with free time.

I did leave out one part of having my creativity return. I could feel the urge to write come back, but I just couldn't do it. I needed something to be different. I had no comfortable way to write. No convention of word-smithing that suited my needs.

So, I bought this:

The Toshiba NB505-N500BL netbook.

I like to call it the Tosh.



This netbook is really satisfying. It's so much better than my old Gateway laptop that died a rather violent (and sparkly) death. When my laptop semi-exploded, I replaced it with a budget gaming rig. It's nice being able to play computer games released within the last 10 years, but I desperately missed the portable of my laptop. 300 post-tax dollars later, I now have something that can play Team Fortress 2 and something that lets me dick around on YouTube wherever there is Wi-Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment